Monday, December 11, 2017

That Gingerbread House...

Years ago, I posted instructions for making a gingerbread house.  I had learned how to do it back in the 80's from some sisters in Relief Society.  Later, I posted a "humble healthy" gingerbread house and got rid of the other one, but then realized that leaves you without a pattern!  I reposted that 2 days ago and then realized my mistake... so now I have found a blog post that someone else has made with the exact instructions and pattern that I used to use.  It is simple and fun.  Here is the link:


Here is how I decorated my Humble Healthy version with popcorn, nuts, seeds and raisins:



This is a nice project to do with children.  We used to make one every year and then on New Year's Day the children would divide it up and eat it!  

2 comments:

  1. As you will see I am behind reading everyone, so I'm working backwards.

    Popcorn is a great idea for the roof. Looks snow like and much less sugar content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the instructions for this cute little gingerbread house. You did a great job!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...