Friday, June 27, 2014

Chicken Alfredo casserole - my way :)


That photo doesn't look too great.  Sometime soon I need to get my camera situation fixed!  I just had to share this with you, though.

One of my favorite YouTube channels is Our Half Acre Homestead. The lady that does it shows how to do all sorts of things that I'm interested in.  Yesterday evening, I watched her make her "Chicken Alfredo Casserole."  I decided to try to make something very similar with what I had on hand.  Here is her video:


I had been out earlier in the evening just walking around looking at things in the yard.  I found some Very Large dandelion greens and so I picked them thinking I would use them in some noodles. When I saw the YouTube video, I knew what I would do!

I pretty much did just what Mrs. Volfie did, with these changes:

1. Instead of commercial pasta, I used my dandelion egg noodles, 2 eggs worth.
2. When I made the white sauce, I used 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup heavy cream, 1.5 Tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon RealSalt, and 2 Tablespoons unbleached King Arthur flour.
3. 2 garlic cloves, minced instead of the 1 - 2 Tablespoons she used.
4.  I don't have any spinach, so I used Swiss chard, ribs removed, torn into pieces.
5. I pulled a fresh onion from the garden and chopped it up.

Oh My Goodness!  It was absolutely delicious!  Thank you, Mrs. Volfie!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...