Friday, May 2, 2014

Pressure Cooking - Chapter 8 - Greek Lentil Soup


Now, that is not my photo (as noted,)  but I did make Greek Lentil Soup in my 6 quart pressure saucepan today and I have to say, this is the BEST it's ever been.  I've been making this soup for many years, but never cooked it under pressure before.  It came out Thick and Creamy.  I am so pleased!

This recipe comes from this book: The New Laurel's Kitchen

Greek Lentil Soup -cooked in a pressure saucepan

2 cups lentils, rinsed and drained
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small potato, diced
1 small carrot, diced
2 bay leaves
8 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar (I used raw apple cider vinegar because that's what I have.)

Combine all ingredients except the vinegar in a pressure saucepan that is at least 6 quarts in size.
Put on the lid and regulator and bring the pressure up until the regulator is rocking gently.
Turn down the heat enough so it will continue a Gentle rocking.
Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
Turn off the burner and allow the pressure to escape naturally.
Just before serving, add the vinegar.

Delicious, fast, inexpensive, very nutritious and easy.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...