Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pressure Cooking - Chapter 7

In chapter 1 I mentioned that I made some soup in the pressure cooker.  I did the same thing this evening and want to tell you how I did it.  Now, my soup recipes really are more about method than ingredients, so please don't  not make some if you don't have the same ingredients I do.  Just use what you have!

Here is what I used: A quart of homemade bone broth, 1 medium onion - sliced, 2 stalks celery - sliced, 3 carrots peeled and sliced, pint of home-canned shell-out beans (Musica pole beans), handful of sliced dried mushrooms,  pint of home-canned sweet corn, quart of home-canned green beans - drained, 1/2 pint home-canned bacon ends and pieces, pint home-canned salsa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few cranks of freshly-ground pepper.

Put the bacon in the cooker on medium heat and saute the onion and celery for a few minutes.  Then, add everything else.  Put on the lid and petcock and bring up to pressure, reduce heat and allow to cook for 12 minutes.  Remove from heat and bring pressure down under cold running water.  That's it!


Here is what it looked like when I opened the pot.  It got rave reviews!


4 comments:

  1. I have got to purchase a pressure cooker… going to look at our local thrift stores… just something to get me started…. but with directions included (hopefully)… I really enjoyed your pressure cooking series… I came over from The Prudent Homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! If you can't find a pressure cooker at a thrift store, try to save up for one. It will pay for itself easily. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Yolanda,

    Seems like I am missing your Pressuer cooking series, lots to catch up.

    Maybe you would like to see this post.
    http://bit.ly/M7dffe

    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mely. So nice to hear from you and also thank you for the link!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...