Monday, July 29, 2013

Do your arms get itchy when you pick things in the garden?





Last week, there was a day when I did a LOT of garden picking.  Green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and few other things.  By the time I got done, the skin on my arms was "ripped to shreds."  Not really, but it was very scratched up, itchy and had lots of ugly red marks.  Does that ever happen to you?  I whined to my friend, and she said that what she does is cut the toes out of an old pair of socks, and puts the socks over her arms.  Pure genius!  So, I did that today.  I robbed my husband's sock drawer.  I did inform him of my thievery. I cut off the toes, and put the socks over my arms and even positioned the heels where my elbows are.  Voila!  It worked perfectly!  You might wonder why I don't just put on a long-sleeved shirt.  The reason is, as odd as it might seem, this is much cooler and more comfortable.

So now you know.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...