Monday, June 10, 2013

Linen Slip

I am in love...  I ordered a yard of the IL020 bleached 100% linen from http://www.fabrics-store.com/, and made myself a simple half slip from an A-line skirt pattern with elastic in the waist.  It is so comfortable! This is their "handkerchief weight" linen.  It is amazingly easy to sew, a little crisp and yet very very soft at the same time. Fabrics-Store.com has very good prices on their linens and linen blends as well as regular sales.

I used Butterick B4803

Linen is so durable, I'll probably have to mention this article in my will.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I had a linen shirt once but found it uncomfortable. It was pretty stiff, maybe that's why. I'm glad your slip turned out so well and that you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...