Sunday, December 2, 2012

A quick Kefir treat!





Admittedly, some people really don't like the taste of milk kefir.  And happily, I love it!  Lately, I've been making it a little differently.  In the brewing jar, I leave the kefir grains and milk together until the milk is Very Thick.  Then I strain it out and keep the kefir in the refrigerator.  It is as thick as yogurt after it gets cold.

Here is something I like to do.  I pour a little kefir into a small glass, pour in just a small amount of organic blackstrap molasses, stir it up a little and eat it with a spoon.




Blackstrap molasses is strong flavored, but I find this combination very nice.  The sourness of the kefir nicely balances with the molasses.  In addition, blackstrap molasses is amazingly good for you!


This post is linked to Traditional Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try the blackstrap molasses in my dairy kefir. I do use it to provide minerals in my water kefir. Since I both love dairy kefir and the molasses I bet I'll like this combination. In my blog I've posted about adding a pinch of stevia and chia seeds to my kefir. Then mix it with whatever fruit, fresh or frozen, is around, for my breakfast. And that's what I'll occasionally add my soaked and dried cereal to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, here at home we love milk kefir with guavas. It is something so delicious. And when we can't get fresh guavas, we buy the canned versions and is still really good. Guavas are rich in vitamin C.
    I don't know if you can find them there, have you seen guavas in your area? If you can't, I will gladly send you some at least the canned ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never eaten a guava, but yes, sometimes they do have them in stores here. I will have to try one! That is very nice of you to think of me. Do you can them yourself or buy them canned?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...