Monday, March 26, 2012

Frozen chocolate banana desert!

l

The granddaughter that is visiting us currently LOVES this desert and I promised to make it while she is here, so today I did. It is quick and easy, delicious and nourishing!

Here is what you need:

A blender
Some cups or little bowls

4 ripe bananas
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

It's simple - put all of the ingredients into your blender. Put on the lid and blend on high until smooth. Pour the mixture into serving bowls and freeze.



It is best if eaten as soon as it is frozen, but if it freezes HARD, it is still yummy, it just takes more muscle to eat. :)

Linked to Real Food Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. What is the texture like? I bet my girls would like that, especially Amelia, and she wouldn't know it's good for her! I have a lot of ripe bananas right now so I'll have to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very smooth and creamy! That is if you don't let it freeze TOO long.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea. I just have a bags of frozen bananas. I will place then in the food processor. I like the idea of adding the maple syrup but since a friend send a large bottle of honey that will do.

    Mely

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...