Friday, October 8, 2010

Home Made Play Dough



I ran across this recipe for play dough on the internet not long ago. I am sorry to say I did not take note of where I found it, so I am not taking credit for this, but it is the very best recipe for play dough that I have ever tried. It is also very easy and quick to make!

Play Dough

Mix together in a medium saucepan:

1 cup flour
6 Tablespoons salt
1 Tablespoon cream of tartar

Add:

1 cup water
1 Tablespoon oil
1- 2 teaspoons food coloring (to achieve the desired color)

Cook over medium heat until a ball forms, about 3 - 5 minutes. Do not under-cook, you want to make sure that most or all of the moisture is gone.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for several minutes until smooth and elastic, like Playdoh! Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to let cool. Store in an air-tight container.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like they were having fun. Were they fighting before you started the video? Also most sounded like Harrison was getting agrivated with Sommer there at the beginning. I sure miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all pretty good natured at that point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like so much fun. My kids loved homemade play dough. It's fun to make too. We used kool-aide for color and scent in the place of food coloring. What a fun grandma you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) kool-aide is a great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...