Wednesday, May 5, 2010

All Safe

b
The second doe gave birth yesterday, about 24 hours after the first one. As large as she seemed, I expected triplets, but all she had was one large buck kid! Here they all are. Sadly, I don't need baby boy goats, but I have found a good home for them with another woman who raises lots of milk goats. And on Saturday, we are going to buy a little girl, about 4 weeks old for me to raise. I am excited! The newest addition is the brown one in the foreground. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

  1. If you breed with boer buck, the males could be sold as 4h market goat. They have to be at least 50% boer to be a market goat. They also typically have to be born a certain time of year. I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that with all your girls, but it's an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! It's too bad that you had to find homes for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...