Sunday, April 25, 2010

Egg Holes

Have you ever made these? We used to call them "Egg Holes" and made them quite often when the children were young. It makes an easy and nice breakfast.

1 piece of bread (I used sourdough whole wheat potato bread)
butter
1 raw egg




Pre-heat a heavy frying pan on medium. Using a biscuit cutter, cut a hole out of the center of your slice of bread and then butter the slice on both sides. Remove the cut out portion, put the slice in your hot pan (and also the cut out circle). Put a little butter in the hole to grease the pan and crack an egg in there.




Let it cook until you can tell that the cooked portion of the egg is coming up well into the bread, then flip both things over and cook until the egg white is done. You can cut into it a little to check and make sure.



Here is my breakfast! I put some raw honey on the round piece. The little glass has some milk kefir with some Sucanat in it. :)



These are so quick and easy and kid-pleasing too.

5 comments:

  1. I used to make and eat those when I was a kid. I always just used a glass to cut the hole out. Then I'd stick the circle back on the egg like a little hat.
    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of those scence I was a kid. I will have to make some for my family, they would love them. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these and have never made them. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to call then egg in the nest and used a 6 oz glass turned upside down to make the hole....YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your name better. I think my kids probably named them "egg holes." :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...