Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Springtime Omelet

I know the calendar doesn't say it is Spring yet, but all of nature here does! Out to the greenhouse this morning and I brought in 2 scallions, a few collards and 2 beet greens.



Chopped the scallions, thinly sliced the greens, and grated a little carrot.



4 beautiful fresh eggs from my friend's chickens with a little goat milk from the freezer (freshening due early May.)



Sauteed the vegetables in a little butter.



Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper into the eggs and beat it up with a fork.



Here is what the vegetables looked like, not cooked too much.



Pour in the egg mixture.



As the omelet cooks, lift up the edges and let the liquid flow underneath.



When almost completely cooked through, fold in half.



Here is my breakfast! (I gave half to my sweet husband.) I also had a small glass of keifer.



It was delicious!

6 comments:

  1. I bet it was delicious. We are still plugging away here. One baby chick died last night. Hoping the rest make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Your fresh veggies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now im hungry. lol :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you will all come over, I'll make you some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...